We had a wonderful and relaxing vacation even if the weather wasn’t in our favor every day. Now we are back home and taking care of business.
Today was “pre-game prep day”! Next week is a busy one…..Monday I have lab work done and my port placement followed by my first round of chemo on Wednesday. I spent some time today gathering lots of things I’ve been advised to have “on hand” for chemo.
While mom and I were at my oncology appointments last week, she brought her Scout bag and had some reading material, water, snacks, etc. in it. I love those bags – they are so lightweight and durable and I decided that’s just what I needed to pack my chemo essentials in. Got me a Scout bag purchased and monogrammed (thanks Heidi)!
Here’s some things I’ve been advised to have on hand:
- Everyone has said “take your iPad/computer to watch movies, or surf the net” so I made sure I got a bag large enough to accommodate my laptop.
- Candy to get the yucky taste out of my mouth when they flush my port…..Jolly Ranchers and Sour Patch candies were highly recommended (thanks Miranda) as well as orange Tic-Tacs!
- Hand sanitizer and baby wipes since infections are a no-no!
- Pedia-pops for days when I may not really want anything to eat.
- Migraine meds – since I suffer from migraines anyway, the pharmacist recommended I have them on hand for chemo day since we don’t know how I will react to it!
- Biotene for dry mouth.
- Several different kinds of anti-nausea meds as well as a patch.
- Duke’s Magic Mouthwash for mouth sores.
- Water……and more water……and more water……
- Lip balm to keep my lips moisturized
Pre-Game prep is done. Mission Accomplished! Hmmm……..maybe I should have bought a larger bag! 🙂
I’m sure this list may grow – but I think I’m off to a good start! I’m sure I’ll throw in a book also……even with all the e-books available on Kindle, I just like to hold a book in my hands. I bought a new book at the beach this week, but if anyone has any “must read” recommendations, let me know!
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord.
Happy Saturday everyone! Be awesome today and every day!